Monday, March 12, 2012

A Day In Haiti

So, it's monday and it's day THREE. Haiti's been a pretty amazing experience so far and it's very warm here, much better than Canada :)
Today we went and painted a house for a family, inside AND out. It was kind of tiring because the walls weren't smooth, but it was all worth it in the end because just seeing the smiles on the family's faces when we finished was absolutely PRICELESS. It seemed like our day of work made their LIFE. I was definitely tired and stuff since it was hot outside (and of course I had to wear my HD sweats *sigh*) but yeah, it was totaaaaaaally worth it :D
The kids there were also REALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYY cute, but then again .. I guess all kids in Haiti are really cute. (Outside of the families house there were kids and some of them were dancing, it was adorable :D)
But yeah, after we painted their house we had dinner and OH MY GOODNESS. The food here is sooo good! Almost as good as my mom's cooking! (Just kidding, my mom's korean food beats anybody else's food).
AND ONE LAST THING. Everyone thinks that I'm Chinese here and when I tell them that I was born in Canada, but my parents are from Korea they always ask me where Korea is. People also say like, "ching chang chong" and stuff like that to me because they think that that's how I speak, hahaa. I find them all so cute :)
BUT YEAH. That's all I have to say today, HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVING FUN WHEREVER YOU MAY BE. And if you're in Canada, HOPE IT'S COLD :)
TATA FROM HAITI.

-Monica Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment