Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 9

I can't believe it is the last day of the mission trip already. It has been such an amazing time. Today was a great day to end the trip with. We started off the day by going to the Mission of Hope church (which is shaped like a cross). This church is like nothing I had ever been to before. Everyone is so energetic, full of joy, and full of thankfulness, and love for God. Even though this country is full of voodoo, it is also full of a strong love for Christ.

During the afternoon we went to a village called Source Matelas. We had already gone to this village before, but this time we went to a different part of the village. We walked around for a while and we got to see the factory where all the concrete used in the area is made. After that we got to play soccer and basketball with a bunch of the kids from this village. It was great to see the kids having so much fun, since it seems like these kids have so much sadness and despair in their lives. Although this statement isn't really true, since these kids are normally fairly happy. I think people just seem to assume that they are sad, because they have so little physical material, even though they are often pretty happy because they have Christ in their hearts.

I am really going to miss Haiti. I will miss the mountains and the heat, the sunrise and sunset, the beautiful people and seeing immense joy in the children's eyes.

~ Micaela

ps. shout out to my fam. love you. <3
pps. I love Jill, she's my favouritey ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment