Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 7


Today was beach day. We went to a very nice resort that had a great beach and had amazing food! Almost everyone got sunburnt so there is going to be some complaining tomorrow :P The water was very clear and I had a great time snorkeling in the coral reefs looking at the huge swarms of fish. 

The past few days have been amazing. I have grown more spiritually in this week than I have in the past year. 

A lot of people will tell you that Haiti is a bad place to go and all it has is a bunch of garbage, but the truth is that Haiti is a beautiful place and the people are very loving and caring. There is so much joy here and I can’t get over that through so much pain and horror, they are still the happiest people I have ever met in my life. 

I have no desire to go home right now and all I want to do is do work in the villages and interact with the people and try to learn more about them. 

I love Haiti and I can’t wait to come back here and spread the love of God in as many ways possible.
God bless,
-Kenton Van Pelt

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kenton,

    Your family is happy to hear from you! Love reading your posts and looking forward to seeing you on Monday evening. Hope the weekend goes really well.

    With love, From your Dad and Mom and sisters

    ReplyDelete