Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another blog....from Jill deBoer (:

Well a week ago right now, the team was in the beautiful country of Haiti, returning to Mission of Hope from the village of Source Matales. What a great experience this trip has been. All of the planning, get togethers, emails etc. was all more than worth it. When someone asks me how my trip was, I can't even put an answer into words. I feel as if I were to say, "It was amazing, or great, etc" is a major understatement, because this trip was more than that. It was a time that everyone grew closer with their friends, their relationship with God and the people of Haiti. Getting to know our translators, Kensley and Smith, was quite something and I'm quite confident in saying they are being missed by each of us right now! Such personalities everyone of them have is so inspiring to witness.

When I sit here, typing and realizing that everyone of those kids are still there, the same way we saw them...whether thats playing with eachother, saying "eh you!" to a random bus of missionaries or whatever they may be doing. Its hard to wrap your head around the thought of us coming back to our houses in Canada, seeing our family and friends again, yet the people we met are all still there, some struggling with the same thing. I often wonder how we can help them when we are here, 3000 miles away and the only answer that comes to mind, is to pray. Pray for the familes that we have come in contact with in Haiti and have hope that God will reveal himself strongly to each and everyone of them in their future.

The feeling that I have encountered upon my return, is feeling as if I am in some sort of a dream. Flying over the Haitian shoreline, seeing tin roofs etc. was obviously much different then the highrise buildings in New Jersey, and Toronto. Coming home and going back to school was without a doubt, one of the wierdest feelings I have ever felt. It's gradually going away now, yet still somewhat here. Its the feeling of not actually being here. Yet I know I am, Its just hard to comprehend it all that easily. I feel like I should still be in Haiti.

It is in my hopes to return to Haiti again in the near future. Whether thats with the school, or on my own, I will go. Haiti will be forever in my heart.


May God continue to bless each and everyone of you,

Jill deBoer   

*Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. -James 4:8*

No comments:

Post a Comment